How to Prevent Open Seams:
1. Avoid dramatic temperature changes. For example, wait a few minutes to open the violin case when entering a room in winter or summer.
2. Keep the humidity level in the room from 40% - 60%.
3. Make sure the varnish is intact, to protect the joint glue from moisture.
4. When not playing, keep the violin in a silk-type violin bag in a case, to protect from dust and bright sun rays.
5. Often wipe violins gently with soft cloth to clean off the sweat acid 6. Use a humidifier if the weather is dry (winters); if using tube humidifiers, please make sure to squeeze out all the excessive water, so no water damage will be done to the inside of the instruments.